This is a darling wordless cartoon about being willing to ask for help when you need it, forgiveness when you mess up, and the power of a community coming together to help someone.
Picture book by Josh and Sarah Sabey. I was impressed with the writing in this word-heavy picture book. It tells three stories (the garden, the cross, and the tomb) and ties them together beautifully. Recommended age 7- adult
Book by Katherine Reay. I loved this dual timeline historical fiction novel about the Berlin Wall, spanning from the day the wall went up to the day it came down.
This movie depicts the true story of Trudy Ederle, the first woman to swim the English Channel and beat the men’s record in the process. I thoroughly enjoyed the movie and marvelled at Trudy’s dedication despite those men who were determined to stop her. The movie is funny and heartwarming, but also eye-opening in terms of the way women and sports were viewed in the early 1900’s. Note: it briefly shows the bare buttocks of a man who swims nude or in a thong.
Comments
Post a Comment